The Yakima Basin Fish and Wildlife Recovery Board is now accepting pre-applications for the 2018 Salmon Recovery Funding Board (SRFB) Grant Round! The full request for proposals can be found here. Approximately $1.2 million of SRFB funding will be available to Yakima Basin projects in 2018. More information for applicants can be found here.
If you are considering submitting an application, please note:
- Projects must be located in the Yakima Basin (most of Kittitas, Yakima and Benton Counties.)
- Eligible applicants include Cities, Counties, Conservation Districts, Native American Tribes, Nonprofit Organizations, Private Landowners, Regional Fisheries Enhancement Groups, Special Purpose Districts, and State Agencies:
- The SRFB funds projects that protect or restore salmon, steelhead and bull trout habitat.
- Applicants must request at least $5,000.
- Applicants must provide money or resources to match 15 percent or more of the grant (with a few exceptions).
- Applicants must demonstrate a 10-year stewardship commitment for the project.
- Projects must be completed within two to three years.
Pre-applications are due by March 16, 2018, and the deadline for full proposals is April 20, 2018. Please direct all questions and pre-application materials to Tricia Snyder, email@example.com, 509/453-4104 x 2.